BRITE Store Kick off – in the works! We now have over 60 stores sign on!!
- Two committees: one for each MQT & Forsyth Twp –
- Goal of outreach/celebration all with the consideration of the commitment of businesses that have already signed on
- Ryan Jarvi, Marquette MIning Journal -was on hand to find out more about B.R.I.T.E. Store status and progress. We gave him web information & interviews with committee members
- Much thanks to Ryan’s coverage and overall research on this issue, especially the analysis and interviews on the MI Treasurers Association Survey of economic losses due to Tax Tribunal rulings
Other area groups addressing the “dark store” – tax loophole issue
1. Fred Kottler: MQT Citizens for Fair Share – MQT Twp Community Center — Tues 5:30 – 7:00 Sept 22nd – full meeting of next group. They are planning a Community forum Nov 5 – 90 minute informational forum with public speakers representing various sectors in the community and assess losses from $$ impact to quality – will also reach out to Delta County. They are working to support for legislation and take action locally – planning some action items here
2. Save Delta, Save MI – first meeting in Escanaba – next meeting Tues 5:30 – 7:00 Sept 22nd. There is a need for more sharing and connections through media both web & FB – Please share with your downstate “friends” to educate on this issue!! We will be setting up a Save Delta page in http://closemichiganloopholes.org/ for Delta County updates.
- MQT County Fair booth with Marquette County Democratic Party – slow but some interest
- We passed on Save MQt, Save MI materials to Marquette County Democratic Party reps to display/hand out at local unions Labor Day Rally displays @ Lake Bancroft -which were picked up
- Discuss working on legislation and other legislators – MQT Dems: Gary Peters is interested and took our flyer and said he will be looking into this issue. Please contact your state Senators on this issue (Sens. Gary Peters and Debbie Stabenow) legislator info & contact is in Resources: http://closemichiganloopholes.org/resources/
Schedule Next Meeting
Friday – Sept 11th, 11:00am @ PWPL Lions Rm next main meeting